Friday, September 4, 2009

Dumbfounded

Ezekiel 1:22-28

22Over the heads of the living creatures there was the likeness of an expanse, shining like awe-inspiring crystal [a surface like the sky, glittering like crystal-NLT; looking like the terrible and awesome [dazzling of shining] crystal or ice-AMP; like the awesome gleam of crystal-NASB; qerach-> keh'·rakh-> frost, ice, crystal], spread out above their heads. 23And under the expanse their wings were stretched out straight, one toward another. And each creature had two wings covering its body. 24And when they went, I heard the sound of their wings like the sound of many waters, like the sound of the Almighty, a sound of tumult like the sound of an army. When they stood still, they let down their wings. 25And there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads. When they stood still, they let down their wings.

26And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance. 27And upward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were gleaming metal, like the appearance of fire enclosed all around. And downward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness around him. 28Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around.

Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell [naphal-> nä·fal'->to fall (of violent death)] on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

Ezekiel 2:1-3, 14-15

1And he said to me, "Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak with you." 2And as he spoke to me, the Spirit entered into me and set me on my feet, and I heard him speaking to me. 3And he said to me, "Son of man, I send you..."

With what message has He sent you? What would the LORD have you do today?

14 "The Spirit lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness in the heat [chemah -> khā·mä' -> hot displeasure, indignation, rage] of my spirit, the hand of the LORD being strong [chazaq -> khä·zäk' ->severe, sharp, hot] upon me. 15 And I came to the exiles at Tel-abib, who were dwelling by the Chebar canal, and I sat where they were dwelling. And I sat there overwhelmed [`ataph -> ä·taf' -> faint, swoon, fail, feeble] among them seven days."

When was the last time you sat dumbfounded by the LORD for seven days? Seven hours? ... minutes?
... seconds?

No comments: