Monday, October 13, 2008

My Savior



It is easy to be engulfed in disappointments, easy to go the easy route, easy to give in to another's will for my life, easy to get distracted, easy to conform to this world. It is easy to backslide for this flesh is sinful. It is difficult to thrive on our own, because it is impossible.
When the pain gets to be too much, when there doesn't seem to be a comforting face in sight, and when i want to just give up, that is when i realize (after i've thrown a childish fit) that i've forgotten my Savior.
It is His pain to carry, He that thrives through heart ache and disappointment, He that doesn't get distracted, He that never gives up and He that comforts, He that carries me.
"For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also His comfort overflows." My mind is so feeble, that it seems i constantly forget.
God has covered so much,
covered in mercy,
covered in grace,

covered in love,
covered like snow that makes the branches bow.


"Thou hast given me a Savior,
produce in me a faith to live by Him,
to make Him all my desire,
all my hope,
all my glory....
... May i feel that i am a stranger and a pilgrim on earth,
declaring plainly that i seek a country,
my title to it becoming more clear,
my meetness for it more perfect,
my foretastes of it more abundant;
and whatsoever i do may it be done in the Savior's name."

"Thou hast made known to me that to save me is Christ's work,
but to cleave to Him by faith is my work,
and with this faith is the necessity of my daily repentance
as a mourning for the sin which Christ by grace has removed."
The Valley of Vision by Arthur Bennett

"I spoke once, but i have no answer - twice, but i will speak no more." Job 40:5

"For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls" 1 Peter 2:25

No comments: