Saturday, July 5, 2008

Acupuncture is the Bomb-diggity!

Today i saw an acupuncturist that came highly recommended by a friend. It is really cool how they just know where to poke to educe pain. Anyway, she poked around and said that i have scoliosis and the tension from dancing aggravates it. To be honest, i didn't care for a diagnosis; i just wanted acupuncture. So she had my lie down and did some cupping and acupuncture - the usual - and then she put a 20oz water bottle under my neck and had me raise my arms over my head. There was an odd feeling of obstruction where the pectoral muscle meets the underarm. It felt uncomfortable but good, kind of like stretching a sore muscle, but not. She then adjusted my neck and back, gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. . . that walk from her office to my car was the best i have walked in two long months!!!

I went to the herb store to fill the prescription. It was beans that you boil to make tea (smells like bird seed), and these little pad thingies that are supposed to suck the toxins out of my body through my feet. Two hours later i still feel pretty good, not cured, but good.
All this to say... acupuncture is the bomb-diggity!

No comments: