Monday, July 7, 2008

Healing

This is a story my good friend told me about a woman that was basically her second mother. It knocked me on my butt, forced me to quit complaining and gave me something to look forward to.

She was fighting hard until the very end (her body was pretty much racked with cancer and burned from chemo), having visions that she would be healed. When my mom spoke to her on the phone about a week before she went, she had the idea that when her sister, 'T' came to see her from Missouri she would get out of bed and be completely free of the cancer and healed.
When her son talked to my mom a couple days after she passed, he said that 'T' came just in time to hold her hand as she went Home. He said he hadn't wanted to see it before, but he felt that her visions were really of being healed in Heaven, not here. Selah

What is also astounding, the night she passed was the same night that our church gathers for prayer and prayed for her family. It is clear that God was actively orchestrating the situation, linking people who have never met but have Christ in common. His glory can be seen even in earthly death.

No comments: