Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Things i Ponder

When people ask, how are you doing, i try so very hard not to reply, fine. My hope is to give an accurate answer because i wonder how much Christ is served by being just fine.
When i am overcome with joy and bursting at the seams, i say so without much effort or second thought. When my heart aches and i am fighting the mist that seems to surround me without an end in sight... well that is when honesty becomes difficult. Some of my go to answers in these cases would be, i'm fighting for joy, or hanging in and hanging on.

The one that i use most often - the one that has got me pondering - is, i am cleaving to Christ with all i've got. So... i know God is pleased and glorified when we walk faithfully the path He has given us; yet in my head i envisioned Indiana Jones in The Last Crusade, clinging on to the edge of the cliff for dear life. I imagined him clawing into the earth with his fingers, collecting dirt under his nails, scratching his boots along the side groping for a foothold and tugging on plant roots to support his weight.
And i came to wonder... if i am cleaving to Christ like that, does it hurt Him?

No comments: