Thursday, August 7, 2008

Musical Diagnosis!

I love how doctors hand out diagnoses like candy. Doctors can be just as self-conscious as we are about a mystery illness. They dread the moment that they throw their hands in the air and say, "I'm stumped! I have no idea". So you have to be very careful in the way you listen and ask questions. Sometimes they fail to clarify from, "this is what it is," and, "this is what I think it is".

Well let me jump off my soapbox so we can talk.


I just got back from the doctor (not the neurologist, boo!). My doctors continue to rule out possibilities while we wait for the neurologist. It is now narrowed down to either fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis or a pinched nerve somewhere near my spine. All of which can only be diagnosed by a neurologist (i'm praying for the pinched nerve... obviously). Medicare should come through around August 19th (cool birthday present, no?). It would be a great relief to finally get to the bottom of this! The wait is killing me, as the probability of permanent damage increases the longer i wait.

No comments: