Thursday, June 21, 2012

Craft Day

Here are a couple projects inspired by meanderings on Pinterest.

Grease board from items in my storage bin.


 This is just an old frame, a cheap sage pillow case and a coaster. I wrote verses to memorize and encouraging quotes so if I am stuck in bed that day I have encouragement right in front of me. On "bad" days it is easy to get discouraged and lonely so having God's word big, bold and right in front of me helps. In the corner, I put a picture my boyfriend took in Korea to remind me to pray for Korea. Praying for others is so helpful to keep from self-loathing... and this reminds me how wonderful my boyfriend is and I get to pray for him.


 Jewelry organizer out of an old frame, lace, a guarder and push pins.



 I tried to hang my earrings on the lace but the lace kept drooping. Thankfully, the elastic from the guarder was strong enough. It was nice to put some of my old dance and acting stuff to use!

I really didn't want to spend any money on this project so instead of buying hooks I used some pushpins. At first they didn't hold, so I had to hammer them in. Nothing super spiritual here... other than the organization keeps me from losing my mind. :)



No comments: