Friday, January 21, 2011

Starve Satan with Prayer

"Satan dines on what we withhold from God."
Francis Frangipane, The Three Battlegrounds.

I have noticed that, the things I do not share with God in prayer often become sources of bitterness and anger... pride.  Recently I have felt God giving me the desire for something that I never before wanted.  In fact, a long time ago I decided that this "good thing" just wasn't for me and I did not want it.  Now that I had these conflicting desires, my next move should have been to my knees in prayer.  I thought about this new desire.  I rationalized about it but I did not bring it to God.  I didn't want to talk with Him about it.  I said I didn't want this desire, and there is no foreseeable fulfillment of it so there is no sense in discussing it.  

My rebellion began to stir up confusion, anxiety and bitterness which then convicted me to believe there is sense in discussing it.  Even if it makes no sense to me God has a plan and He wants me to talk to Him.  God was giving me a godly desire and in return I was giving Satan a foothold.

No comments: