Monday, June 29, 2009

Truth Be Told

"After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you."
1 Peter 5:10

Truth Be Told

For so very long i have been on my knees,
crawling through rain of molasses;
which drop by drop,
strips me, unraveling me.

Though nothing i gave up was equal to You,
all had become a part of my identity,
painfully torn away as it resides under my skin.

This rubbish was hidden in my heart,
You brought it to the surface in a way i could not ignore.

As love for You grew in my soul,
Love began to sweep dross to the surface.

Love was cleaning this tortured cup from the inside out.

The blood, sweat and tears dropped in vein,
were huddled deep inside me;
You knew where they were when i did not;
You began cleaning when i would not.
Because i depended on my body to hide,
You took it away to free my soul.

Ignorant and senseless i
crawled on toward You,
hoping. . .
and praying my faith would grow.

You veiled my eyes to teach me,
to trust the lamp that is light to my feet,
to shower me in Your kindness, Your mercy, Your love,
and i grew like a pearl,
an irritant made beautiful,
once covered by many layers of Love and grace.

Though there is a long way to go,
the end of the tunnel is in sight,
and i am ashamed at my impatience and unbelief.

The things i fear most, You put in my path,
the things i want most, You keep me waiting.
The things i didn't think to ask for,
You give freely.
To make me pure, to make me strong,
to keep me pure, to keep me Yours.


© Jennifer Lynn - 2009

No comments: