Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quote of my Life...

... but first some background.
I came to Christ just before my 25th birthday and after that, my health began to fade, i lost my job, friends, apartment and began living in my car. Two years ago i came to live in CSULA housing and found my church family at Shoreline Community Church. This is the longest i have lived in one place and probably the safest i have ever felt despite all the physical and financial suffering.

God is now shaking me, again. I am moving out in three weeks (to where i don't yet know) and selling my car. My Pastor was comforting me in that, regardless of weather or not i have a place to live, i will not be on the streets... "and that's a step up." ;-)
Tonight i was telling my Shore - sisters about selling my car. Meredith piped in, "that is kinda scary... 'cause it used to be your home." ;-D
I laughed so hard my neck popped... only my family!

As i drove to my apartment it hit me how true that can be. Sometimes getting rid of stuff (material or relational or even your own body) is hard because that thing is our home. That stuff provides some form of comfort and we begin to rely on it. God has stripped me of so much stuff that used to be my home and i am so grateful!

It is only because of Christ that i can laugh at their light hearted jokes... and because i love them and know they love me. Now, instead of relying on earthly stuff that will fade with this life, i have an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys. In Christ my hope is secure. I can trust that my God, my Daddy will take care of and provide for me so that i gladly shed any material thing.
With all that i have been through, "I would have lost heart,
unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait on the Lord,
be of good courage, and He will strengthen your heart.
Wait, I say, on the Lord!"
Psalm 27:13-14

No comments: