Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Movin' On

So i am finally leaving East LA. Not, "finally, i can't stand this place," but finally after much debate and prayer. It is always hard leaving one place for another even if the other place is a better place.

I am taking the last once over in my old apartment, checking drawers and closets for anything i forgot. Much like a spiritual inventory. Anytime you move on - physically or spiritually - you look at some things that you like and want to keep, others that need to be thrown out and some things you have tucked away that really need to be thrown out or are sweet rediscoveries to be revived.

This is a very exciting move for me. I will be moving closer to my family in Christ, of whom i can say with confidence love me sacrificially. Though i will miss my community here in East LA that loss does not compare to the fellowship and community i am gaining in West LA. I am sure you can see the parallel so i'll refrain from spelling it out.

Peace out ELA!

No comments: