Sunday, August 24, 2008

Still Waiting!

Really. Still waiting. It would be easier to have a positive outlook if i knew what i was dealing with here. Daily i find myself conjecturing, determining what i would do in either case. With all the extra time on my hands with nothing to do and (because of gas prices) nowhere to go, i end up feeling dejected. I took the summer off because my doctors told me i needed brain surgery - not necessarily the best time to start a new quarter of classes. Regardless, i am glad i've had the time off to collect myself through the pain.

As for the pain, i have been doing better. I am getting stronger and most days the pain is more random than constant. Not having constant pain has been a blessing and a much needed break. However, the random nerve shocks suck. I cannot get used to them because they surprise me. Nerve pain is probably the most uncomfortable and there is no warning. Sometimes it is local to one spot like my ankle - not so harsh. Sometimes it runs from my abdomen down the back of my leg through the bottom of my foot - little more harsh. And sometimes it runs from my neck through my face and eyes - that sucks. Involuntary spasms usually accompany these shocks so the double surprise makes for not so much fun. However, i have been dancing a bit and tonight i actually took a walk! I am trying to dwell on these things as i await my doctor appointment, which hopefully will be in September.

I definitely have had plenty opportunities to be patient! But isn't that what doctor's patient means? Patience for patients.

No comments: