Friday, June 20, 2008

The Waiting Game...

So three years of tests with no answers, one week of constant new information and now we wait... and wait... and... you get the idea.

So i've had wait until July 1st, since May 5th to see a neurologist all because of insurance. I called to have the effective date bumped up and found that i have Medicare 'A', but need Medicare 'B'. I filled out the proper paperwork and will have Medicare 'B'... when? You guessed it, July 1st. (Should have asked for Medicare 'Z' while i was at it!) I have a friend who was trying to get me a volunteer MRI today but that isn't working out. Bless her heart for trying so hard! Yet i have succumb to July 1st. It is apparent that God is giving me an opportunity to be patient and trust Him.

Wednesday was a toughie though! I was reading, then suddenly felt as though something exploded in my right temple close to my eye. It was as if tiny little fists were beating me into submission. The pain was bad, but my imagination was worse. Immediately my mind began to stretch and self diagnose tumors, aneurysms and the like. Ya, i'm silly, i know. As humans, the unknown scares us and we either search for answers or avoid the unknown, and since my head is kind of attached...

I had three men come to my rescue Wednesday night. The first talked me down from hysteria, the second helped me laugh it off and the third brought me Tylenol. It was all perfectly timed as well. A few moments after i got off the phone with the first, the second called. As i was hanging up with the second, the third was at my door with drugs! With people like like this around me i could wait forev.... lets be realistic here!... until July 1st!

No comments: